Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chelton

cx-server serial connection

2 posts in this topic

I have a strange connection issue. Problem: I have cx-one ver 4.05 all up to date installed on windows 7 x64. When using my usb - serial converter a keyspan usa-19hs and I try to connect auto-online with serial using COM7 on my machine CX-programmer freezes. If I go to task manager and kill cx-programmer, cx-programmer closes but cx-server continues to hang on to the COM port. Then in task manager under processes there is a process called CXSDI_PortMan.exe *32 that is consuming 13% cpu load than i cannon kill or stop. The only way to get the com port back is to restart. BUT: On the exact same machine I have vmware player with a winXP vitual machine with exact same software and using the same devices it works perfectly.

I do not use Keyspan but do use the Omron one and have had no issues so far. I have not used it much lately mind you as the last 5-6 jobs have been Ethernet. I have been having some problems with Ethernet from time to time - connected to 8 PLCs - disconnect 1 PLC and CX-Server stops working. have to shut down and restart CX-P.