Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
veer

rslogix5 to rslogix500 conversion

9 posts in this topic

hello everyone i have plc 5 ,we are replacing it micrologix 1500 i want to know , how to convert the existing program to rslogix 500 plz help me on this thanks

Manually, I don't know of any software that will do that for you.

You can select rungs in RSLogix 5 and use ordinary Control-C/Control-V to Copy/Paste those rungs into RSLogix 500. There is no "converter" program between the two platforms. Since the MicroLogix 1500 controller is an order of magnitude smaller than the PLC-5 in memory and I/O capacity, I expect any issues to arise not in ordinary discrete I/O and logic but rather in more complex analog or process control items.

hi roach i am doing as u told me but i m facing some problem ,plz tell me how to use following instruction with rslogix500 1.JSR , what r the various input parameter in this 2. DTR 3.BTR thanks

If you have the 500 software, click on the help tab, and instruction help. This menu will give you all the info on each of the instructions and how to use them. JSR (Jump Sub Routine)- used to jump to another routine BTR (Block Transfer Read)- used to read a block of information from a location and store it to be written somewhere, usually with a BTW (block transfer write) instruction. I do not have a DTR listed in my software.....

Subroutines are handled in a similar way in PLC-5 and SLC-500 controllers, but not identically. In the PLC-5, the Jump to Subroutine (JSR) instruction can pass argments to the Subroutine. In the SLC-500, it cannot. The Block Transfer Read and Write (BTR and BTW) instructions were mechanisms to move data to and from analog and specialty modules in the PLC-5. Analog I/O is performed using the 1769 Compact backplane in the MicroLogix 1500, therefore there is no role for the BTR and BTW instructions in the MicroLogix 1500. Your analog I/O data management, scaling, and counts will be different in the PLC-5 and the MicroLogix. The DTR instruction is the "Data Transition Detector" in the PLC-5. I am not very familiar with it, but it seems you could perform the same function using a Masked move and a NEQ or EQU instruction. It is up to you, as a programmer, to understand how the older system program functioned and how to implement that on a newer system. If I were converting a PLC-5 to a MicroLogix 1500, I would start with a hardware inventory of both systems to be sure I understood how the I/O modules were different, especially the analog ones. If you post specific examples here on the Forum you may get some good recommendations. It is too much to expect an Internet forum to give you recommendations that cover all the possible instructions and functions of a programmable controller.

The DTR is the only input instruction I remember from my PLC-5 days that actually modifies one of its sources. I have seen it used to detect changes in an alarm word. Ken's description of it is right on, but like he said without seeing it in the rung, it's hard to say for sure how to code it in RSLogix500. For example if the mask is FFFFh, then you could use a NEQ and a MOV instruction. I remember being a bit ticked off when I discovered that it actually modified the input reference..."Input instructions aren't s'posed to do things like that!" But, lucky for me, the logic was well commented and straight forward to follow so I got over that little peeve real quick. Especially after realizing that to "fix" it using normal instructions would mean I would have to add branches and MOV instructions which would ugly up the alarm ladder file.

thanks to u all to recommend me, one more thing i want know that how to upload or get the alarm or message list stored in Allen–Bradley Bulletin 2705 RediPANEL Keypad Modules Catalog Numbers: 2705–K11C1 , which programing software required and communication cable , from where i can get it

See links to manuals below. I have no idea where you might get this stuff, it very old. Might try calling your local AB rep. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2705-um008_-en-p.pdf http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=r%202705%E2%80%93nd1&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsamplecode.rockwellautomation.com%2Fidc%2Fgroups%2Fliterature%2Fdocuments%2Fum%2F2705-um004_-en-p.pdf&ei=HfHgTp3cH-KTiQKo5MyZDw&usg=AFQjCNEiFLd4t7onrYtdwKGIpqNP6wG6bg