Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
proviton

Flag Memory in CX- Programmer?

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to find how to insert the FLAG MEMORY in the ladder diagram? I don't sure whether this term is correct or not. When I use Siemens LOGO COMFORT the term that be use is FLAG. I put the picture as example. Please see at the picture. normally, 0 = Start push button the one that not has any sign = Stop button 1000= this is FLAG (from my term) the 1000 is not the output. It just the memory in the PLC. how can i insert kind of this in the ladder diagram CX Programer? Thank you.

You did not tell us what model PLC you are using or we could be more specific. Any unused Output address can be used as work or flag memory. If you will post what model that you are using, we can give you a range of flags to use.

Dear Jay Anthony, Thank you for replying my message. The model is : OMRON CPIE-N20DT-D output 8 input 12 Thank you

With that PLC, you have two primary internal options for bit level operations. They are as follows: H - Holding Relay - This is internal memory that is battery backed and can be used on the bit level for contacts and coils. There are 50 words of memory here, each word is 16 bits in size. W - Work Relay - This is internal memory that is NOT battery backed and can be used on the bit level for contacts and coils. There are 100 words of memory here, each word is 16 bits in size. I would suspect that you would not want the bit to be battery backed (retentive) for this example, so I would suggest that you use the W area. Lets say that you wanted to use bit 11 of word 42 in the W area (arbitrarily chosen to make channel and bit number format clear in example), your ladder would look like this: Generally this type of circuit is referred to as a latch circuit. Edited by Michael Walsh

Dear Mr.Michael Walsh, Alhamdulillah. I have understand it. I really appreciate your help! Thank you very much, brother =)

Hurry back. There are plenty of Omron Gurus waiting to help.