Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom749

Error Message.

5 posts in this topic

When I upload the AB-PLC program I have the Error message such as the attachment. What is the problem and how can I solve that? (The CPU is 1768-L43 and the software is Logix5000) Thanks for your help in advance. Error Message.bmp

Looks like you have not loaded the firmware into the processor. The message is telling you that the processor has firmware version 1.4 and you do not have that version on your PC. Your must have the same version of firmware on your PC as the processor you are trying to connect to. I cant remember exactly what firmware rev a new processor defauts to, but it is a 1. something. Are you sure there is a program on the PLC or is this a new PLC? Are you trying to get the program off of the PLC (upload) or put a program on the PLC (download)? Those terms are backwards from what most people in the computing world expect so lets make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Firmware version 1.4 is "boot" firmware...the controller needs to be flashed to a version of "real" firmware before it can do anything except communicate and accept firmware.

It's a pretty common occurrence when handling "off the shelf" new controllers. Most likely there is no User Program within and the CPUs are usually "loaded" with Firmware Rev.1.x. In order to be able to Go Online with the processor will require a CPU Firmware ControlFlash Upgrade to the User's choice revision level. What revision RSLogix 5000 are you running? For example, if you are running RSLogix 5000 Rev.18.xy you will have to upgrade the CompactLogix to any minor Firmware Revision 18. Navigate to: http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/ and then download the 1768-L43 Firmware package you wish to upgrade the CPU to. Establish some sort of RSLinx communications with the processor (RS-232, Ethernet/IP) and then run the RSLogix 5000 ControlFlash utility using the package you have previously downloaded.

Tom - If you've never flashed before be sure and read the manual. Interrupting the flash process by a screensaver, power loss from low laptop battery or Bill the Bull in the Lab unplugging the cables can be catastrophic.