Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
larry818

GT1030 to FX2N problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I've got an FX2N connected to a GT1030 through a GT10-C10R4-8P cable. When powered up, I can d/l to the GT1030, and d/l thru it to the FX2N. However, it seems not to be talking to the FX2N. Another clue, when the FX2N is connected, I can get into the GOT setup screen (touch two top corners), but that's it, no other key presses are effective. If I disconnect the FX2N, I can get into the setup screen, and it works normally. As far as I can tell, everything is correct in GT Designer 2. Any clue? Thanks!

I don't use the small ones much, but did you download the comm driver to the GOT?

I did do that, as well as uploading the latest os.

It's talking ok, by changing the value of the screen switching register in the plc, the screen switches. Keys with the lamp set to "key" light up, but with the lamp set to the bit they are supposed to change don't, and the bit in the plc doesn't change either.

Ok, got it. I converted a GT Designer 1 project and that's what was messing it up. If I save it as GT Designer 2, then make a new project and import the saved GTD2 file, it works ok. All comm parameters are identical...