Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foetsy2

SC-09 cable

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys I was verry happy with my (borrowed) red SC-09 cable(D9-D25 red beijer). I connected it to the PLC (FX-80MR-DS) and was able to douwnload en load. Then i went away for dinner en when i came back: 2 red leds on the plc and a communication error on the PC. The D25 connector was a little warm. Can't get any communication anymore. Is this a known problem? What can i do to avoid it? I did not connect the little grounding cable which comes out of the D25. Is this critical and what is the best place to connect it? hope someone can help me!

My personal opinion is that you don't have to connect the grounding cable. I have never used it.... Are you sure that it's not the PLC that's the problem? Have you tried the cable with another PLC?

On the grounding cable issue, I have never used it either. And that has been for the last 15 years and thousands of PLC's. In fact, I have found it to be troublesome as it waves about in the panel with live voltages close to the bare lug end. (mine is now cut off) You need to state which 2 red LED's are lit on the plc. It could be a problem with what you uploaded and downloaded.

Ok.so the grounding cable is not the problem. yes, i have tried it with another plc , but the same results: no communication

Checked with another computer / a different COM port (or serial->USB converter)? If this is not the problem either I would get a new SC-09

thanks for replying. as you know there are just 2 red leds: the batt.V and the cpu-e. As i am writing this, i am not 100% sure if both the led where on. after disconnecting the cable and taking off/on the supply. the leds are off again