Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simppa80

How set up New value to Timer?

3 posts in this topic

NS-15 and CS1G PLC. Why I cant write new value to PLC Timer? Have tried with Numeral input field. Do I need to use DM area?

You do not have to use DM, but you do need to use a memory location for the setpoint of the timer. DM is a good option for this. In the example below, I have set D5 as the setpoint for the timer. You then just write to D5 from the HMI. Make sure that you use the proper format for the data that is written. By default, the timer setpoints are in tenths of a second (TIM) and are in BCD format. It is possible to change all the timers in the PLC to binary by right clicking on the PLC and selecting properties. There is an option there (shown below) to make all timers/counters execute as binary. The timer and counter instructions would then have an X on the end of the name (TIMX instead of TIM). You will also have to use scaling on the HMI to get it to show properly (0.1 multiplier for a TIM instruction). Good luck.

Thank you for answer. Answer is just like I think it also. I haft to use DM area for timer setpoint. I have made 0.1 scale and BCD 1word in HMI so I dont need to set up plc timers to binary..