Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

HELP CQMI-H COMMUNICATION

6 posts in this topic

HI I just noticed my desktop does not have any serial port so I bought a cheap serial to usb cable ( about 5 dollors) but I can not go on line using win xp. I did not have any problem with my previous desktop having serial port. Any advice . Thank you so much.

Well, in my own experience, cheap USB-Serial converters should be placed in the road and driven over. Then reversed back over for good measure. I recommend that you look into getting the Omron USB-Serial converter CS1W-CIF31. It has its own drivers which come with it, or they can be downloaded from Omron website. Used it successfully on XP desktops and laptops with no problems.

HI Thanks for the reply. you are dead right and you made me laugh

I have run the Omron one on XP, Vista and Windows 7 bothe 32 and 64 bit without any problems. It is not cheap but is tested with Omron prducts and has a special driver from Omron. It also works with other brands. It is FTDI chip based by the way.

Dumb question!! You did remember to change the the driver settings fro the PLC to redirect serial communications through the USB/Serial device instead of the default COM1port??

HI Yes obviously . As others mentioned I need Omron usb to serial adaptor or computer with serial com port. Thanks anyway Mike