Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

Network Symbols/Net Variables

5 posts in this topic

I have not ventured into these things yet. I have normally, with Ethernet IP, just allocated words on the network to each PLC, with great success. I have a job I am programming at the moment, 8 x CJ1M-CPU33, one Ethernet IP connection is through 2 x Adam (Advantech) Ethernet/fibre converters (SC fibre). There is going to be a heap of stuff on the network as I had originally planned to have 3 of these PLCs as remote I/O but the CRM21 masters were in very short supply so had to put in full PLCs. I find that the online help in CX-P re Network Varaibles is pretty brief. From what I can understand so far these things allow acces from other PLCs. Anywhere I can get a decent leaflet/manual or something re Network Symbols/Variables? Any experiences? I am thinking I should probably go the proven way at the moment as I am just starting to wriet the software and we start commissioning early next week. Any advice/help appreciated greatly. I might add that I will probably have to make up my mind about this in the next 12 hours - have to get the job done. Write software really fast but this is a big task in a very short space of time. Have 4 NS screens to do as well. Edited by BobB

BobB There is a decribtion on Myomron.com: http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1321 Hope this help. Banker

Hi BobB There was a strange limit in the first version of CJ2M plc's, in this versions you was only able to transfere 40 Word in and 40 word out. Banker

AARRGHH!!! Too darn fiddly. Back to rolling my own - darn sight easier. Thanks for the responses. Edited by BobB

Bob The original limit on version 2.0 of the EIP portion of a CJ2M-CPU3x was 40 bytes in / out per connection. That has been removed in version 2.1 of the EIP portion of the CJ2M-CPU3x. The overall limit is 1280 bytes total in and out across all (up to 32) connections. Network Symbols: Making a Symbol a 'Network Symbol' simply puts that Symbol into the Tags Database in the PLC. This makes that data point available by Tag Name across EtherNet/IP to other devices such as an NS. The difference between 'Publication', 'Input", or 'Output' only have to do with how a Network Symbol is imported into the Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP. A Symbol marked as 'Publication' is not imported into the EIP Configurator. A Symbol marked as 'Input' is imported into the Network Configurator as an Input (Consumed) tag,. A Symbol marked as 'Output' is imported into the Network Configurator as an Output (Produced) tag. An NS or other external EIP device can access Publication, Input, or Output Symbols.