Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garym

SLC5/04 recipes

5 posts in this topic

I am wanting to set up recipes in a SLC5/04 processor. My problem is RSLogix500 is not showing a recipe folder in the project tree as shown in the help files. Also, RCP instruction is greyed out. Any ideas on how to make this work? gary m

That instruction is only available in the ML1500 series C and ML1400. See picture below. You are going to have to make your own. e.g. setup integer files with the values for your different recipes. Edited by Mickey

Some of my recipe variables will be floating point. Would it be easier to setup my recipes in the ladder program and call them with B3:xx

I am pretty sure what Mickey is saying is that you will set up your registers and then call the data into your program when as you say B3:xx is set. The file types do not matter. So if you have a recipe called rec1 and you need some int registers and some real registers then label all files that pertain to the rec1 a similar name, e.i. rec1Int or rec1real. Then when you need rec1 set a bit and move all the date in those registers into you program for use.

One thing I have seen done in this case is as follows: 1. Assume your recipe has 10 parameters as follows: Parameter 1 is integer and stored in N21 Parameter 2 is integer and stored in N22 Parameter 3 is integer and stored in N23 Parameter 4 is ifloating point and stored in F24 Parameter 5 is integer and stored in N25 Parameter 6 is ifloating point and stored in F26 Parameter 7 is integer and stored in N27 Parameter 8 is ifloating point and stored in F28 Parameter 9 is integer and stored in N29 Parameter 10 is ifloating point and stored in F30 2. The current active recipe values would be in N21:0 ; N22:0 ; N23:0 F24:0 .... F30:0 3. Now recipe ones values would be in N21:1 ; N22:1 ... F24;1 ... F30:1 4. Now recipe fives values would be in N21:5 ; N22:5 ... F24;5 ... F30:5 Hope this makes sense.