Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratcliffe_ic

SIL2 CLX

5 posts in this topic

Just starting on a sil2 project and the AB manual makes reference to a "module pair" data type, this is not present in my software (v17.0) anyone know what version it is present in, the manual makes reference to v15 onwards? Edited by ratcliffe_ic

I presume you are talking about a redundant safety processor like an L62S. If so, you would define the slot for the processor and the "partner" slot must the next. slot in the rack. For full redundancy you must have an identical rack.

I,m not talking about hardware, I do not have the data type "module pair" in my version of logix 5000. With a data type "module pair" you specify the two I o points in the pair of redundant racks that you correctly mentioned and this brings the two together into a single tag. It,s not present in v17.0, anyone know if it can be added or am I looking at a new version?

Which exact reference manual are you looking at ? There are several Reference Manuals that apply to the use of ControlLogix in SIL2 applications. 1756-RM001 Using ControlLogix in SIL Applications 1756-AT012 ControlLogix SIL2 System Configuration using Add-On Instructions 1756-AT010 ControlLogix SIL2 System Configuration using RSLogix 5000 Subroutines Plus Installation Instructions for the module pair termination blocks that are specific to modules like the 1756-IB32 and 1756-IF16D. My guess is that you're looking at the Add-On Instruction manual; creation of Add-On Instructions probably also creates new Data Types, which won't be present in RSLogix 5000 until you import or create the AOI.

Just to confirm what Ken wrote: SIL2 Add-on Instructions, once imported, do create those tags. Add-On instructions can only be obtained through your RA representative. - fuzzy logic