Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rajeev Aswal

Update Timer Value in S7-300

5 posts in this topic

Hi , I am very new to Siemens PLC and working on a program which requires the change in Value of Timer from HMI developed in WIN CC Flexible 2008 . I am using Ladder logic in Simatic Manager and made a code as attached. I want to change the value of Timer T4 which is 10 Sec to the user defined from HMI. Tried to work many ways like i use do it in GEFANUC PLC which is far more easy then Siemens......... Please someone can help me out. Thanks Rajeev

In S7-300 and 400 PLC's you have two types of timers, the instruction type (as you have shown) and the standard FB types. The standard FB uses TIME format, which is a straight number in mS, the type you are using uses S5TIME format. S5TIME format is made up of two pasrt, the right hand 12 bits will be a BCD number 000 to 999, the left hand 4 bits will be the time time base (2 bits of the 4) . 0000 0000 0000 0000 ------ ----------------------- | .............. |_ 000 to 999 | |_ 0000 = 0.01s 0001 = 0.1s 0010 = 1s 0011 = 10s So to send the time from an HMI, you would use a MW (or DW) as the time preset store, then send a number from the HMI between 0 - 999, convert it to BCD and then MASK it with the time base you want and place the result in the MW/DW. If you want seconds then just ensure the the left hand nibble is always equal to 0010. Edited by Groo

I seem to remember there's a block available in the library to convert S5Time to and from the newer time format, which is in milliseconds. I'd recommend using that to make the HMI display easier. If you can't find it, you can always build one using Groo's suggestion. Or you could use the TON function block which uses the new time format directly. Edited by JRoss

have a look here http://support.autom...iew/en/23992560 the is a download with some examples on how to use S5Time with an HMI Edited by Moggie

Thankyou so much Mr. Sparky for your kind support. Please also do let me know How we could Configure Alarms in Simatic 7 , 5.4 and Display them in HMI (WINCC Flexible 2008) Thanks Rajeev