Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

Q170MCPU-S1

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am doing my first project with q-series motion control and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to distinguish weather I need to program in virtual or real mode? Thanks, plcdp

Depends on your project. When you use virtual mode you have the ability to use the mechanical system. This means you can setup a virtual servomotor or syncronas encoder whichi will driver your real axis. These can be setup with different differential gears,clutches etc. If you do not want to use these featured you can program in real mode. If you have selected the virtual mode firmware than you have the option to program in virtual mode but real mode is also available. Edited by Gambit

I see...thank you.

Mitsubishi US (www.meau.com) has a training class on Q170M and QD Motion CPU coming up in August. Just saw it on their website.

Thats great, this motion controller is really powerful. I must say, this being my first time doing any motion control, I've found the Q170MCPU-S1 to be very straightforward and the MT Developer2 & GX Works2 programming software to be very user friendly. Just my 2 cents...