Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linhvct

CP1H communication to others CP1H and Inverters using Modbus RTU

2 posts in this topic

Dear: all! First I just want to say that I'm a newbie in automation area, so I have lots of communication problems. My recent project requires something that I can manage it. There's a PLC CP1H controls 2 inverter, connects to a HMI and communicates to 6 others PLC CP1H as well. I user 1 option board CIF11 to control these inverters (cause I just can only use Modbus RTU-Easy function, I dont know how to use CX-protocol, and how to write CRC-16 calculating code). To communicate to HMI and others PLC I use serial board SCU31 (1 RS343 and 1 RS422/485 port). The problem is how can I make these PLCs communicate to each other? This is the first time I use SCU31 so I'm so confuse. I want to use CX-protocol to make it work but I dont know where I begin. Can you give me some documents (kind of user guide) or solution about this? Thanks for reading!

If you are not comfortable and/or need a quick and easy method of networking the PLC's, instead of the SCU31 and Protocol Macros add a second CP1W-CIF11 Serial Option Board to each PLC and use "Serial PLC Links" communications.