Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Panel View 600 Application Size Exceeded

4 posts in this topic

I have a panel View PV600.I am working on a PanelBuilder32 application.When I check the Application Size RAM Limit is 180904 Bytes whereas actual RAM usage is 198414 Bytes, which exceeds the limit.So, download to HMI is not allowed. In this case, what is the possible solution. 1.Can we add any memory card to accomodate application size. Based on my information memory card in panel view serves two functions 1.For loading an application in panel view.2.For storing font files So, I belive only option I am having is upgrade the panel view. Please suggest.

I believe that you can turn off the feature that downloads a compressed copy of the program, if you do this you will only be able to upload and save the file and download it to an identical panel view, you will not be able to open the file with PanelBuilder32. I do not remember where you can turn on/off this feature. Alan

There are a lot of things that can be done to reduce the application size. Often there are unused bitmaps that can be deleted to gain the most memory. There are almost always unused Text items that can be deleted but they offer small returns in memory. Also, if you are using fonts that are unnecessary, those can be removed to free up space. Using Global objects takes less memory than lots of identical unique objects. If necessary, you can download the application without the upload information, but I try to avoid this since it means that you can't upload the application in the future and get the whole file back. As long as you can keep a backup offline this is acceptable. If you can post the .pba file we can look for other things that can help reduce the application size.

Thanks a lot. I am going to upgrade the HMI to PV1000.In panel builder32 I changed the HMI type to PV1000 and it seemed it migrated successfully. If required I will change the text size. Till then, Keep Smiling.