Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chizzler

Software update questions

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. Need answers to a few questions on the updates to Gx Developer. We run the 8.25 version. I know there's a software thread but it's really long. Anyhow, we recently got the FX3G for one of our projects. Usually we run the FX3U, but I really want to stay away from using AC, when not necessary, as a source for the PLC or other components. Our software version, 8.25B, doesn't program the 3G but programs the high model 3U. Weird. So I got the up date to 8.89(Works?). Is there a way to get all the updates on each version update till the 8.89. Is there any concerns that I should be aware of before I update my lab top with this version? I know you can't open newer programs with older software, but since of software would be newer I don't think that would matter. Is GX Developer going away to GT Works? We only use FX models but are thinking of using the Q series because of CC Link programming. We also use their HMI software. Sorry if these have been answered already before.

Why would you want to have all the updates till 8.89?? In my opinion you should just upgrade to 8.89 and be done with it..... You can open your old programs in 8.89 and the newest version is the version with the least amount of possible bugs. Regarding the future you should really consider GX Works 2 wich replaces GX Developer (and possibly iQ Works wich is the complete package of the iQ software). You can open GX Developer projects in GX Works 2.

I do have the update. 8.90U. Just making sure there are no bugs to look after. I recieved this update this week. I thought it was he GX Works. I guess not. I'm going to have to ask about that instead. I wonder if it's upgradeable or a purchace is required.

You need to buy an upgrade to GX Works2. It's not free for GX Developer owners. But the cost of GX Works2 is far lower than GX Developer was. FX3U came out many years ago, so it was supported from 8.25 forward. FX3G is only 18 months old, and your software is years older than FX3G. So no, it's not weird that FX3U is supported and FX3G is not.