Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RheinhardtP27

RS232 communication

7 posts in this topic

Hi Gents, We want to communicate to two RS232 devices. We have procured the following hardware. FX3U with 2 FX3U-232ADP-MB + connectors. We use IEC V7.04 Hardware On CH1 i have a "Master" that writes ASCI Data to a 3rd party controller. On CH2 i have a "Slave" that reads data from a Barcode Scanner. Software. I have configured the two channels under PLC options tabs. I will add the software that defines these parameters within the code. I plan to use ADPRW block to transfer data. 1. Will this Hardware work for this purpose? 2. Does one have to define and program the Channel Data if you have configured it within the development environment? 3. Can i use the Beijer standard function blocks 4. Where can i find more data on the ADPRW command, it is strangely not in my help file. Rheinhardt Edited by RheinhardtP27

Did you install the FX3U-CNV-BD board? Adapter bus modules on the left won't work without a -BD board.

Yes i have the connector boards inserted. I have configured my Channels to each partnering devices settings. I also have a code section where these settings are being re-defined ( not sure if i have to do this) and then i have the call to my ADPRW block. Should i not use the RS or RS2 blocks? When i EN block nothing happens see configuration and code below. on CH1 i want to send ASCI data RS232 to a 3rd part controller Rheinhardt Edited by RheinhardtP27

Hello, 4. Modbus Manual found on Beijer site, Support/../Communication/Modbus 1. Seems to me that both channel are master. You can use only one channel configured as modbus (master or slave) (2.1 Communication specifications). The other modbus channel can be implemented with function blocks from Beijer. 2. As I know it is not necessary to configure the port in program if you have configured in the development environment, but I only configure the port in program. 3. You could use the beijer funtions, but the function block they implemented [ModbusFX3UMaster_V100] can't be used in ASCII mode . In the pdf document only RTU mode is presented. On the other hand the function block ModbusFX3UMasterADP_MB_V100 it is based on instruction ADPRW that supports ASCII mode, but it is configured in RTU mode ([D8401=1] - 6.1 .Special data registers.) Good luck. Edited by WKla

Hi WKla , thank you for the explanation the problem is that i dont want to communicate modbus. I want to use ASCI serial RS232. Can you tell me what are the differences between the 232-ADP-MB and the 232-ADP if i understand correctly i must use the RS/RS2 blocks and not the ADPRW for serial communication. Rheinhardt Edited by RheinhardtP27

Hello, I thought you want to use modbus because I saw that you have chosen FX3U-232ADP-MB modules that supports modbus protocol. FX3U-232ADP-MB module supports native modbus communication using ADPRW function (-MB comes from ModBus). The function ADPRW is used only for modbus communication. The function ADPRW is supported only on FX3U-232ADP-MB module. FX3U-232ADP does not support native modbus communication. If you want ASCII communication you must use RS/RS2 function. The RS function can be used for Ch1 only. The RS2 function can be use for both channels. There are a number of function for converting ASCII to HEX and back: HEX (FNC 83), ASCI (FNC 82). Kla.

If you are not using the Modbus function, you do not use the ADPRW commands. You use RS2.