Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Martin.Muller

Monitoring a PID controller

4 posts in this topic

Hi there. I am not very experienced with the Omron PLC. Nevertheles I have an Omron PLC with a PID controller, that I am not sure works properly. In other systems it is possible to monitor the different calculated values in a PID loop (Error, Proportional part, Integration part i.e). Is this possible in the Omron?? I noticed that the Omron PID controller takes up a lot of variables and wondered if theses are the calculated values. Is there a description of these variables?? I appreciate your help. Martin

Is your PID controller ladder based or are you using a PID module on a rack?

Oh..... sorry. It's a SW (Ladder) PID Controller. Martin

So what model of PLC..... Calculated ??? Either way the values wil be more than likely stored in a DataMemory location. See if you can grab a manual for the PLC and have a look at the command parameters for the instruction. It sound like the PID has already been done and you are trying to analyse the code. Typically, the PID vals are found from the second word in the instruction..the control word.. N = SetValue N+1 = P N+2 = I N+3 = D N+4 = T etc.... See this for some more ideas Recent PID thread.....