Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MBS

search: HMI of any brand

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! I am in search of an HMI of any brand. The requirements are: 1) The product must be able to send ASCII commands via the serial RS232-interface to a connected camera by pressing a button at the touchscreen of the HMI (necessary requirement) 2) The screen of the HMI must be programmable, so that I can decide which/how many buttons to implement (necessary requirement) 3) It must be a relative cheap solution because I need the HMI only for sending ASCII-commands: maximum ca.650€/950$ list price (necessary requirement) 4) It would be useful if the device had two serial outputs (optional requirement) 5) Technical service for the product should not be bad (optional requirement) Can you recommend a product to me which meets these demands? Thank you for your efforts in advance! MBS
1 person likes this

Hello, my recommendation is B&R (Austria), check out PP.45 Link to PP45. Price: fair takes some time to boot up. br bb

http://www.redlion.net/g3features/ Boot time with a G3 is 7 to 9 seconds.

thx. Are you both sure that ASCII-commands (req. 1) can be sent?

Positive, this is a modular system, you have to put a serial interface (~ 60 €), See (Technical...), page 33 bottom for specification. price QVGA monchrome: 688,-

Yes. The Red Lion G3 can "talk" to nearly any device. For ASCII, set a serial port to "Raw Serial Port".

you can also consider such brands as Pro-face, ESA, UniOP

ok, but which models? The problem is that my requirement concerning sending ASCII-codes seems to be a little special so it is not easy to find a well-fitting product... Edited by MBS

I'm testing the crimson-software for the G306K these days. But I've got two questions about the crimson 3: 1) Are the ASCII-commands (e.g. "lih on") put in the first field of the data source of a string-tag while the source is configured as "general"? 2) Do I have to set a communication port (the RS232-interface) for the mentioned string-tag or how does the string-tag "know" which port and therefor protocol he should use for communication with the camera?

ok, I suppose it is done with the command "PortPrint" in the action setting of a button, right?

I just finished a project that required me to send ASCII text to a servo drive and I used the Kinco E-View provided by Anaheim Automation and it worked great. When we reached approximately 98% of completing the project when requirements changed so we had to use a different controller also offered by Anaheim Automation, once again we were sending ASCII characters to this new controller and once again it worked beautifullly. It is as easy as just making sure both the HMI's communication parameters and the controllers communication parameters are in sync. Here is a link to the HMI's provided by Anaheim Automation, hope this works. rafaelmankilla Link to HMI you need