Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aliuta2000

need help for medoc

5 posts in this topic

Hello , i need to erase program from an old Mitsubishi PLC FX series with Medoc software . cause i have a program bug . I did not work with Mitsubishi , just with SIEMENS , and cause before the program was running fine , i hope everithing will run fine after erasing &reloading program inside (the downloading program over the existent one is not giving results cause i have already try ) Can somebody tell me all step to erase the ROM memory to have an empty PLC for reloading program inside please ???? Thank you a lot

Do you use the old MEDOC ("Bluescreen")??

There are two ways that an FX can store the program - either in battery backed RAM or using an EEprom module. To find out if an EEprom module is fitted, pull the front cover off of the FX and you will see an EEprom fitted if there is one. On the top right (I think) there is a switch that enables or disables writing the programme to the EEprom. If disabled, then nothing you do send will be remembered, though the download will appear to go fine. The rules are: If no EEprom is ftted, then the PLC will read the programme stored in RAM. If the battery is good, then the programme will be retained on power off. If the battery is bad, then the programme will be lost on power off (few minutes). If an EEprom is fitted, then the PLC will always run the programme on the EEprom, regardless of what is in RAM. If it was me, I'd make sure the battery was good, pull the EEprom out and programme the RAM. If it works well, then leave it in and run it on battery backed RAM. I've never used EEproms unless working on someone else's PLCs with EEprom fitted. As long as it is an FX, it's all pretty easy. If it was on old F1 or F2 then that's a very different animal when it comes to EEproms.

is blue screen (it runs in dos ). and it is medoc software not newer ... i can not use newer version of software .

Of course you can use newer software. MEDOC has been obsolete for years, but GX Developer will program any FX model.