Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linhvct

GOT 1030 connect to PLC FX3G!

2 posts in this topic

Dear all! I often use HMI and PLC OMRON but my recent project requires MITSUBISHI devices. It's a quite strange to me to start. When I create GOT's screens using GT Works 2, I have some questions. Assume I want to display a number, such as 10,01, and "Numerical Display"'s device is D500, so: 1- What is the numeral value format in D500 (BIN, HEX, DEC or BCD)? 2- How to display the decimal point (just mov 1001 into D500)? 3- And in GOT 1030, what "Numerical Display" Object's format that I have to chose (Signed decimal, Unsigned decimal, Hexadecimal, Octal, or Real)? 4- Conversely, the same questions for "Numerical Input" Object. Assume that I have to enter a 10,01 (decimal) into a "Numerical Input, so how can I do it? I don't have GOT1030 and FX3G right now to test cause it will be delieved at least next 2 week, but it will be late if I wait till have them. So please help me >"< Many thanks for reading.

1) DEC or real depending if D500 is used as an integer or real value 2) Correct when you are working with integer values 3) REAL 4) you can use data operation to change the value written to the PLC. Numerical input and display are the same. (only numerial input can write to the PLC) You can run the GT simulator on the GX simulator. I don't think it works for a GT1030 but you can create a GT16 project to test your functions without having any hardware.