Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

Omron Dyalox Problem

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm using 2 Omron Dyalox Industrial PC with 2GB CF Card. This memory card has 2 NTFS Partitions, one for OS (WinXP embedded) and one for datas. I installed Citect SCADA(prgram files on C, project fils on D) because I want to use it as supervision for that plant. But here I have a problem. Sometimes I find C or D partitions formatted or damaged. I solved the problem on C using EWF DOS command but I can't do the same on D so sometimes i need to download again all projects/datas. In this plant i have UPS and people that uses it knows very well the procedure of swithing off. I can't understand what can be the problem. Hardware of PC? Memory Card? Software?? I think that industrial PC like Siemens or other i've used in the past never had this kind of problem. I only had a similar problem with another Omron Dyalox but i solved it using only C in EWF mode. But I cant do the same in this case because i have no enough space avaiable. By now my customer asks me to solve it but I have no solution except to change PC... Any suggestion??? Thanks Valerio

Hi, Windows corruption has always been a PC feature! Are your users shutting down properly or frequently slamming the power off? Maybe a small UPS to manage shutdowns would help. Regards, BB