Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

Question on GX Works

5 posts in this topic

Just a couple of questions: 1. How do I view Instruction List in the new GX Works? This feature was great for editing and cut/past operations. 2. How do I print just one ladder block, or oprtion of my code instead of the entire program? If anyone knows, thanks very much.

1. Instruction List is not yet supported in Gx Works 2. It is planned though. 2. Is not possible in version 1.40S or earlier. Printing is always the entire POU. I don't know if this option has been added in the newest version (1.48 in USA). What you can do for now is make a new pou and copy the contents you want to print in it.

1. You don't. Not implemented yet, but is coming in a future release. 2. 1.48A does allow for a print range to be specified when in a ladder program and selecting Print Window. Even allows for selection to include comments, statements, notes, contact and coil use tables like GX Developer used to. And it has a preview feature. Still can't adjust the margins, header, page numbers, etc.

I have installed GX Works 1.24A demo. Will the IL language be available in FX CPU projects? Currently for the FX CPU are available only 2 languages Structured ladder and Structured Text. The other languages are only supported with Q and L CPU, but not in FX CPU. When it will be available in FX CPU? Also GX Works can't import GX IEC Developer projects. Edited by WKla

Actually from what I've heard recently it looks like it can import some GX IEC stuff, as long as the unsupported languages are not used.