Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCz

CJ1M and communication via Ethernet

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have CJ1M and Ethernet Unit. I have tried to communicate between PC and PLC, but it doesn't detect my PLC. I have tried a lot of opportunities in Cx-One, but it still doesn;t work and doesn;t detect. I don't know why it's light ERR/ALM all the time. Does anyone have any idea why it does not work? I would be grateful for helping me. Tom

To start, the Ethernet unit must be loaded in the IO Table. Go online with the PLC by serial connection on the peripheral port (use autodetect online). I asume you have an ETN21 as you did not mention. - Make sure the rotary "Unit no" switch is set to a unique number. If you only have the ETN21 unit in your configuration you can set it to 0. - When online, set the operation mode to Program. - Open the IO Table and Unit Setup in CX-Programmer. - Go to Options and select "Create" to let the PLC auto register the attached units. - The ETN21 should show up in the list. Double click it to view/edit the settings. - Set the IP settings to match the subnet of your laptop you wish to connect with. Note the last octet of the IP address you setup in the ETN21. - Transfer the settings to the ETN21 (Transfer PC > Unit) - Power off the PLC - Set the 2 Node no. rotary switches on the ETN21 to the HEX number of the last octect of the IP adress you set. E.G. if you set 192.168.1.35, you take 35, convert to HEX which is 23. Now set x161 switch to 2 and set x160 switch to 3. - Power on PLC, error light should be gone. - In CX-Programmer, change Network type to Ethernet. At settings > Driver tab, fill in the IP address of the ETN21. Now you should be able to connect. That is all help I can give with the given information. Next time mention CPU type, ETN unit type etc. You also might want to download the relevant manuals.
1 person likes this

Thanks for answer. I have CJ1M-CPU11-ETN, CPU ver. 3.0. ETN Ver. 1.0. I tried to connect to your method. I connected to serial port I read I/O table, there are another units and I clear these units. I just left the communication module. When I clcked on it I had to chose a specyfic Ethernet module. However, after selecting a module and enter IP address and transfer to PLC en error appears. I attach a file (bmp). I can't transfer I/O table and I don't know why. bez tytu?u2.bmp bez tytu?u3.bmp

It looks like you are missing the end cap of the CJ1. See the picture below, the red arrow is pointing to it. You should have a power supply, the CPU with the built in Ethernet module and the end cap. Edited by Michael Walsh

If you have the end cap attached as shown in the drawing in the previous post, then why don't you try doing an I/O Table create. Assuming that you do not have any custom setup that you do not care about losing, this is the way to go. If you are just starting from scratch, then do this. 1) Put the PLC in program mode. 2) Open the I/O Table. 3) From the Options pull down menu, choose Create. Then do the settings as described previously for the Ethernet module that should now be listed in your I/O table. Caution: Do not do this if you have a custom setup for the I/O addressing scheme of the PLC. This will erase any custom addressing scheme that you might be using.

I think part of your problem is also that you told it to use an ETN11 model. You should be specifying an ETN21 in ETN21 Mode. But doing the Create option will fix that for you.