Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smess.cle

Hide number already dialed while dialing on numeric Input

8 posts in this topic

Hello, Does somebody know how to hide digits already dialed, while dialing on the numeric input. Display stars instead of digits could be the best. (to make exactly the same system of cell phone asking pin number) Thanks

Allen Bradley makes tons of devices which use numeric Input objects from Panelview Classic thru Factorytalk on a PC. You've not defined your problem with enough data to get an answer.

Ok, sorry, I'm using Factory Talk View 5.0 and application is for a Panel View Plus 1000

I believe there is an option, but I don't use FTView enough to know for sure whether it can be done when entering a value other than a user password. One thought that comes to mind is to use an oddball font (or a custom font) where all the characters are gibberish (like wingdings or Chinese)...I don't know if that's possible either though.

Use TextBox widget in ActiveX Toolbox and enable "passwordchar" property by vba script.

Will this work on a normal PanelView Plus? Or only on a PanelView Plus CE?

ME runtime platform does not include this ActiveX component. Only work in PC paltform by SE local or network deployment.