Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eli

Trouble with Idec HMI and FX PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am desperately seeking help. I'm slowly learning to program Mitsubishi's. I'm currently working with an FX0N and GX Developer and trying to use an Idec HG1X-222 operator interface. All I need the HMI to do is display alarms. There are up to 10 alarm conditions that can occur and no more than four would be at once. We have a two other machines using MAC 40 HMI's with FX's. All of the alarms on those are triggered from coils (M200-M210). The Idec, when configured for Mitsubishi PLCs only recognizes Data Registers for the alarm tag list as far as I can tell. (I configured it for an AB and it looked like it would work fine with any I/O or coil.) It can be configured for 1 or 2 words. That should work fine, but I can't figure out how to change the state of the bits of a word in a data register. I figured out how to write a decimal to it exa -[mov k2 D0]- , but I am stuck there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Even recommendations for a low cost alternative to the Idec. Thank you, Eli I should add that I'm using WindMSG to program the HMI

Copy 16 bits to a word. MOV K4M0 D0 Moves M0-M15 into D0. I can't imagine this HMI can't see bits. Seems like every HMI in the last 20 years can do that.

Thanks, I will try it later tonight with my home plc and see how it works before trying it at work tomorrow. It will take some work to reconfigure the machine program to set up consecutive bits for the alarm status, but it shouldn't take too long. I was just as shocked that the HMI won't use bits. It is D,C,T registers only unless I am missing something, but I have been fighting it for a few days now. Like I said, when configured for another brand of PLC, it works fine.

Thanks again! It is working well now.