Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

GX Configurator

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how to get to or open the GX Configurator for Modbus (was GX Configurator MB)? I can see the analog modules in the pulldown, and the 'SC serial modules, but no Modbus or DeviceNet (the only 2 I really need). This is for the new GX Works, thanks.

Never mind, I think I found my answer looking through the post on iQ Works - the software module must be seperately installed.

In the US (not sure about other parts of the world) they are included on the GX Works2 CD, but must be installed separately. Once installed, they will be in the list like all the others.

GX configurator MB has not been released for GX Works 2. You'll have to program the module the old way. I think the Beijer site has FB's though.

GX Configurator is included, at least in my version 1.31H

The Modbus utility has been available since version 1.08 of GX Works2 was released. I have it installed.

Guys which veriosn of the utillity are you running. It's working in my GX Developer but not GX works 2. It's never shown up in my GX works 2 versions and now i am on 1.43V so I should have it. Also I can't select this module in the navigator ? can you? Edited by Gambit

The Configurator utilities for GX Works2 are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT software packages than in GX Developer. The old ones don't work in GX Works2. The new ones are called GX Configurator2. You cannot select it in Navigator. Japan doesn't use it. As I said, in the US they include it on the CD. I have no idea what Europe's marketing strategy is for it. Contact your Mitsubishi technical support group.