Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ion

OMRON SmartStep

7 posts in this topic

I have a case to use OMRON SmartStep (Driver: R7D-AP02H, Motor: R7M-A20030-S1) as a follower to synchronize with another DC motor (master). This is my first experience with Servo Driver. Anybody can guide me on this? :*-( Thanks B4...

...What type of help precisely? Do you mean a 1 to 1 synchronisation or a ratio ? How accurately do you want the synchronisation ? The simplest method would be to output from the master a pulse reference and input this into the SmartStep. Be careful though the Smart Step is rated for 5Vdc level signals, therefore if your ref signal is at a 24vdc level then grab a couple of 1.6k resistors to drop it to the 5vdc level.

Hi SW, Thanks to your response. I don't have any idea about the accuracy, because this is for demonstration unit. rgds, ion

Have you even looked at the manual ????????

Well, the original document in the servo package is only Cat. No. I807-E1-01 and there's a note in the last page say, "Do not use this document to operate the Unit". This is just a datasheet, not an operation manual document. Would you show me where can I find a downloadable pdf document for this product? rgds, ion

Try these documents in the MrPLC.com Omron download section: I534-E1-1 SmartStep Servo Parameter Unit Manual @ MrPLC.com I533-E3-1 SmartStep Servo Manual @ MrPLC.com

Thanks for uploading the manuals Jay.