Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

Numerical input display

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a question regarding programming of a GOT 1665M series HMI. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or I should post it in the HMI forum, but it's Mitsi so I figured I'd try here first. This might seem simple, but I can't make it happen for the life of me.... I have several down counters in a program that are displayed on the HMI as a numerical display. The counters are incremented down by the internal 1 sec clock pulse M8013 for a set period of time. Sometimes an additional clock pulse gets in there before the timer stops timing and the display shows -1 for a brief moment. Not a huge deal, just annoying. I've tried to go into the display case settings on the numerical display, set it to device value >= 0. Still displays the negative number. Is there any way to not allow a numerical display to show a negative number? Thanks, plcdp

Unless you have a negative offset, I would say its the PLC program that needs fixing. Instead of using LD < 0, try using LD = 0.

I agree. PLC program problem, not an HMI problem.

Use an inline compare on the PLC to keep the counter from operating when the value is equal to zero. Then it won't count past 0.

Thanks, thats the ticket. Have a good one! plcdp