Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg

Symbols in S7-300/400

3 posts in this topic

Hi to all you mates, im trying to define symbols for example to: CP 343-1 Advanced-IT, i cant figure out how i do it, or where i get those symbols from if someone can help me, i would be pleased. Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Greg.

Hi Greg. Not sure what you mean by "define symbols to a CP343-1". You can change the name of the modules used in the S7-300 station in the Hardware Configurator. But it does not have much effect or purpose. Symbols are used when programming the PLC code that runs in the CPU. Symbols are used in stead of absolute addresses. I.e. "Test_mode" is for M100.0 "Recipe".No1.component1 is for DB20.DBW40. You can setup symbols in the Symbols editor, and for DBs you define the symbols inside by creating declarations with the LAD/FBD/STL editor. It is generally recommended to switch from Absolute Address priority to Symbolic Address priority (Simatic Manager .. Right Click on "Blocks" and open the "Properties", the chose the "Adress Priority" tab).

Thank you Jesper, actually there is an option in the Ethernet modules called symbols, its used to access variables of the cpu using a web browser and java applet, the CP must be aware of the names, addresses, and access rights of these variables. in the symbol list in this tab, you can see the currently known variables with their symbolic names, the corresponding addresses and the assigned access rights. try the help for more info. thank you anyway i made to find out how to define this option. Best Regards, Greg.