Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
My life

MR-J2S-10A Mitsubishi Servo

15 posts in this topic

Dear Friends, This is my first Posting. I want to Connect my three Mitsubishi Servo Drives MR-J2S-10A to one single HMI and change the Parameters of the Servo Drive through RS422 Communication. Can anyone tell me which of the HMI's from Mitsubishi support direct Communication with these Servo Drives. I dont want to connect any PLC in between them. If it can be done kindly let me know for example how to change a parameter 3 of the Servo Drive i.e; Electronic gear numerator.

GOT1000 family offers this.

Thank you Crossbow for your reply. The Parameters in the Servo Drive ask us to send the Data in a particular format i.e; Hexadecimal and some start and stop bits.Is it necessary for us to send data in that particular format or only the we need to link the values directly in the Servo drive and enter the Value that has to be changed? Are there any options in GOT1000 so that I can directly link the Parameters to some numeric entry values in the HMI. Or tell me a simple example how to change a Single paratmeter of the Servo Drive with this HMI.

The HMI has full access to the parameters and monitor data. See the Connection Manual for the GOT1000 to see how it works.

Thank you Crossbow, I will try this and let you know.

Hi Crossbow, The manuals that i have downloaded from internet show wiring diagram for FR-S500(E) ,FR-E700 inverters. May i know is this wiring diagram same for MR-J2S-Servo. Also does E1000 series support communication with these Servos? Also I would like to confirm after connection between MR-J2S Servo and GOT1000 (Or E1000 if it supports) will I be able to change Data apart from Monitoring? It is becoz my company can pay me only once so I need to be sure what exactly to but GOT1000 or E1000 ? Your early response will be highly appreciated.

In the US, we don't use the E-terminals as much as the GOT. SH(NA)080532, section 39 is very clear about connection of GOT1000 to the servos. Section 38 covers the inverters.

Thank you Crossbow. I will buy one GOT1000 and use in my application. Do you think I need to make my own Cable for RS422 communication between GOT1000 and and MR-J2S servos or they are availabel with Mitsubishi Electric.

RS422 you will need to make your own cables. Mitsubishi does not sell the cables because you can connect multiple units, and they cannot make a cable for each number of units you may decide to connect.

Hi Crossbow, Now I am in dilemma which GT1000 series should I buy? May I know whether GOT1020 supports Servo Amplifier MR-J2S-10A monitor and Parameters set function.I have enquired that GT1020 has driver for MR-J2S-10A but I am not sure whether it supports monitoring and Parameters set function of the Servo MR-J2S-10A. Or should I go for some different model of GOT1000. Thanks in advance.

Any model GOT1000 will work. As I said, look at the GOT1000 Connection Manual and it will tell you the configuration and which models are available.