Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandyB2004

What to do with a FX-80MR

5 posts in this topic

I just gutted an old carwash and in it was a FX-80MR PLC. I know absolutely nothing about these. I do have one machine with a AB SLC-500 which I am (slowly) working on rewriting the programming for it. So what can I do with this Mitsi? I'm thinking, sell it, (ebay) and see if someone else can put it to use. Most of the electronics are dated 1994 or 1995 in this thing. Does it program anything like an Allen Bradley? Or would trying to use this just confuse the heck out of me.

Hi, I know one man who would be glad to get some equipment from such old carwashes, an example RN II NETWORK PLC INTERFACE 20088-010 (green box). If you want to disembowel old control system this machine and to sell its offal through e-bay, I can help to coordinate a process then both parties can find quicker each other.

Hi, There does not seem to be one of those here, Just the PLC, an AC motor drive and lots of contactors and relays. It was a 1995 vintage MARK VII carwash. The frame, tracks and motors went to a scrap metal guy, I did not want to cut this thing apart. I'll sell the PLC and the dollar bill changer as it does not fit my soda machine, the rest I'll keep.

RandyB2004, Yes the man about which I said has carwash another type but the same years of production and the similar PLC. Probably it will disappoint you, but if to say about FX-80MR it's a fossil PLC line which has full-compatible modern series with reasonable price, so I doubt that you can find a buyer at this forum or to fetch a good money for sale it on e-bay. So may be the better will be to pass the controller to the scrap of precious metals.

listed on ebay for 50 bucks. see item # 170565758494 Someone might find it useful.