Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin Carpenter

Q68ADI and IEC

4 posts in this topic

Am getting into programming my first Q project now, so thought that the Q68ADI 8 way current analogue input card would be pretty much the same as the old A1S 86ADI cards that I've been using for years, but of course it's not. Have downloaded the manual and worked out the buffer addresses of the channel data etc, but as Mitsubishi manuals go, this is probably the most baffling I've read. I'm programming in IEC, and would like to set the card up as follows: All channels enabled All channels reading 0-20 mA ( no dip switches on this baby) All channels set for count averaging with a value of 50 counts. All channels set to high resolution mode (0-12000 bits) No offset or gain considerations ( will just check the sensors at 4 and 20 mA, read the bits and work from there.) In the past ( for a card set at 00 to 1F) I used to use LDI X0 AND X0 AND (1 sec pulse) to read from the buffers to data registers, but I see that X0 (Watchdog timer) and X1 (A-D ready) have changed in the latest incarnation, so not sure what to use now. Any "hard won" advice or examples would be very welcome, Thanks.

http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/BExFilePileAUT.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=NO&DocID=E7F966E473D3BF62C125728E005C20F2 Download the library, install it and simply use the correct function block in your program to automatically set up, configure and fetch data from the analog card.

It seems, dear Kaare offered to go the hard way and to use a function block while much more easy way is to use an Intellegent Function Utility, which supplied with IEC Developer (on the same CD), and Q-bus supports the function of data autorefresh.

Wow ... thanks ...off to hunt for the CD and check out the function blocks ....