Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

GOT Alarm display

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have configured an alarm history page for a number of pumps on a GT1685M-STBD HMI. This does the job and displays when pumps run, trip etc so the operator can check the last run time etc. My problem is that the same events cumulate on the display, and the display can only display 27 events (rows). This means that is a pump trips and a 2nd pump starts and stops 27 times by the time the operator checks the history, the trip event will have been pushed off the display. I dont have the HMI beside me to play around with the available options but can the alarm history be configured that only the last time any event occurs is displayed. I think Citect alarm history shows the event and start time, then when it stops occurring it is dulled out with the start and stop time displayed. when it occurs again, it is displayed only once but with the start time. As a second option, does the additon of a CF card allow the displayed rows to be increased to allow the operator to scroll back as far as nedds be to check when the alarm occured..? Justin

You can use the display cursor and scroll buttons by assinging key code as the button action then selecting alarm data type as the key code and then selecting move cursor up and down. With a CF card you can save the alarm data as csv file for data capture. I will attatch a pic of a alarm history screen I created.You can also show your check and restoration times by adding a check and clear buttons. These are also key code functions. Hope this helps.

i always do both active alarms and alarms history (separate screens). active alarms list tels you what is burning problem right now. alarm history is good to evaluate frequency of the alarms etc. both can use scroll keys to navigate list.

Look at cumulative mode for the alarms, which should only show each alarm once with a time stamp or a accumulated time.

Thanks lads, made some of those changes last week and the alarm history now works more like the customer wanted. Justin