Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walid Elshazly

Omron remote I/O ( hardware structure)

4 posts in this topic

Hello all friends , I am going to use smart slice remote I/O ( 4 stations ) , with master PLC Cj1 , I have studied the operation manual of smart slice units , and understands how to make soft ware , hardware configurations . but , as shown in the manual , every input or out have its separate common terminal , and this common terminals come from ( Power connection modules ) . my question is ; can i use the same common terminal for several input ( or output ) points ..?? Regards,

Hi, when using the power connection module you do not have to use the same common terminal for multiple input/output points as the power connection module has designated terminals for each I/O connection. I suspect they are not isolated though (you should be able to check this easily with a continuity test). If your goal is to use a single power connection module for multiple input units, I don't think this will be a problem as but you should ask yourself it the wiring will be pretty when you join more than 1 wire in the clamp terminals. Attached find the wiring diagrams for both units. Wiring smartslice inputs with power connection module.pdf Wiring smartslice outputs with power connection module.pdf

Check it out thouroughly. For example, the CP1L has many commons to allow for different voltages off different commons. When you use a transistor output card you still have to connect all commons individually. I got caught thinking all commons would be inter connected with transistor outputs - they are not. Not sure about Smart Slice though.