Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loebywon

F1-F2 upload(transfer)

9 posts in this topic

We were asked by a researcher to try and change a run parameter on an 80's Mitsubishi PLC model F2-40. We have established communications using his software MELSEC MEDOC but when we try to upload we are getting a message that the PLC type doesn't match and/or memory size different. We've tried every PLC type listed in the setup menu but keep getting the same message. We're beginning to wonder if there is a driver missing in the sofware for that particular model? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wow... you still have F2 CPUs? I would recommend you get rid of that as soon as possible. If I remember correctly you couldn't program the F1 or F2's with Medoc, you needed a programming module that plugged into the face of the PLC. I'm not 100% sure of that but I remember dealing with that issue once before a long time ago.

They can be programmed with MEDOC, provided your MEDOC offers the F1 and F2. Not FX. Check the MEDOC directory for F1.TYP and F2.TYP. Those files open those PLC types.

Are you sure that your F2-20GF works? Have you set the PLC in STOP (you cannot "online-stop" the F2 PLC, you have to physically set the PLC in STOP mode)?

Thanks to duffanator, crossbow and kaare_t for your response. Of course, this is an "in-between" job so we're not able to spend alot of time on it. Armed with your tips, we went back today(it's at a different site), verified we had the F2.typ file, after a couple of failed attemps, tried F2U with 2000 steps and Voila! the program transferred successfully. Unfortunately, no comments or descriptions so now the task will be to figure out how to increase the temperature limit that is preventing them from running at a higher setpoint. It will be a challenge as we've never seen this make PLC before. I'll be asking more questions................

Manuals are available at www.meau.com, but you won't find them by part number search. Go to Downloads, then Manuals, then in the hierarchy select PLC, PLC-F, and nothing else. Then review the list for F2.

I'm still maintaining a number of F1 and F2 projects for customers. If you're having trouble translating the code, help is at hand.

Thanks for your offer. I was/am ready to tell the researcher he must "bite the bullet" and upgrade. Having never seen this before, I and a co-worker feel this is like trying to read Chinese. None of the commands are in the manual(T, M, LD, PLS, etc.). Upgrading would not be simple, either. I could send you the uploaded ladder, if you're truly willing to devote the time.

I know this is a really old post but came across it while researching the same units.  I ended up finding a US based company that was able to do all of the RAM and EEprom programming. I also needed the battery replaced and they were able to come to our facility and replace the battery in the unit and also make a backup copy of the RAM on my unit then provide me with a EEprom in case i ever lost my program. If you still are needing help with these units contact Artisan Technology Group.  www.artisantg.com