Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

S7-200 Data Store

8 posts in this topic

Dear All, How could we store the values like setpoints, parameters etc. in the permanent memory of the CPU S7-200. wheather the retentive memory range stores the values for the limited time or until the super capacitors discharge. Is there any idea to store multiple data area in the permanent memory i.e VB, VD, MB, MW etc. Waiting for your responce.

Hello Daniyal In the Step 7 Micro Win Application, under the project tree, there is DATA Block, you can define your set points in this block. The S7-200 provides a super capacitor that maintains the integrity of the RAM after power has been removed. Depending on the model of the S7-200, the super capacitor can maintain the RAM for several days. The S7-200 also supports an optional battery cartridge that extends the amount of time that the RAM can be maintained after power has been removed from the S7-200. The battery cartridge provides power only after the super capacitor has been drained. You can define the Retentive Ranges under system block which is under the project tree. if needed you can call me at 00966-0502071956 Regards feroz

Its okay, i need to store the data in permanent memory, bcoz my cpu did not have battery cartridge and more over the system does not run continuesly but it have delay at two to 3 days and until then the values stored in the ram will be removed and need to re-enter the values for recipes. Please tell me the procedure to write the values in permanent memory to avoid these problem. that when ever the client run the system they don't make re-enter the recipe values. Is there any way to direct write to EEPROM?

then, i suggest use the 'Recipe Wizard' and program all your recipies. use a EEPROM 128 KB or 256 KB Size as per your requirement, then first download the Program to your PLC using Step 7 Micro Win, after this in the menu bar go PLC ---> Program Memory Cartridge.

Either way, you'll need a memory cartridge. Make sure you get the right one for your model S7-200, because there have been multiple generations, and the modules are not compatible between them.

the memory cartridge is the right choice, but there is not any cartridge installed in CPU and need to purchase it, thus it could be cross to our budged therefore client will not agree to buy anything. if there is any other solution will be possible. I have got some information in S7-200 reference manual that we could store data values direct in to EEPROM. anybody knows how to use this for storing the values in to EEPROM.

Why do people always think there are multiple solutions? Buy the memory card, it's the only option. It's not an expensive option either. The EEPROM you refer to IS the memory module.

Save_to_EEPROM_7 SM31.7 Request to save memory operation (0=no request, 1=save). CPU resets after save.