Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

G306 cannot connect using Modbus tcp

4 posts in this topic

Trying to get a G306 to connect to an Emerson wireless gateway (model 1420) via Modbus tcp. Have been on the phone with Emerson and RedLion. I can get modpoll to connect to the gateway, but not the G3. Redlion guy and myself spent several hours trouble shooting. I'm grasping now. I think the next step may be packet snooping. Anyone ever used this combo before? Could use a push in the right direction. Ken

Okay, got it going. Nothing wrong with either device, entirely my fault. The gateway has two ethernet ports, I am only using the primary, but gave the secondary an address. 2nd port is not connected to anything. I then reused 2nd port address for the G3. Once I realized what was going on, I disabled the 2nd port and everything works great. I wasted a great deal of RedLion support time, but they never gave up on me.

They are truly dedicated and quick to help. I have them on speed dial

RedLion support is top notch, they are outstanding. Even though we never solved my problem, we did have a path forward. They recommended I get a hub and packet sniffing software and figure out what the heck. I have always recommended RedLion and my recent experience just fortifies that. Ken