Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Homer_BL

Question CP1L+CPI1W-CIF41:

8 posts in this topic

Hi all! Is it possible to control OMRON inverter with CM0902 (or CM090) option card, via CP1L with CP1L-CIF41 option card? Anyone tried it? Thanks!

I think not, as the CIF41 only has limited options (No CMMD, SEND, RECV etc) according to the manuals I have seen anyway...

If the OMRON inverter model supports ModBus-RTU then use the built in "Modbus-RTU Easy Master" function of the CP1L.You will need to add the Serial port module to the PLC. This will give you complete control of the inverter.

Thanks everybody! :) Now it's easier to decide: there are two ways: -EtherNet/IP, which means CJ1M + CP1W-EIP21 to control E7Z +CM092 -Modbus-RTU, which means CP1L+CP1W-CIF11 + 3G3RX (Modbus-RTU built-in). I'do it using Mobdus. Thanks again.

Glad to help. Just remember that if your drive is more than 50m away the CP1W-CIF11 may not work. See application note in CP1L user manual:- Note The CP1W-CIF11 is a non-isolated board, so the maximum transmission distance is 50 m. For distancesover 50 m, use the RS-232C port on the CP1W-CIF01 and then connect through the NT-AL001 LinkAdapter, which is isolated. Doing so will enable a maximum transmission distance of 500 m.

1) You can have CJ2M CPU with built-in Ethernet/IP (CPU31 etc.) 2)CP1W-CIF12 is isolated and can go up to 500 m. NT-AL001 no more required Hope this helps SVN

Thanks SVN. I was not aware of this option.

Visiting this forum after a gap of few days. Very happy to be of help! SVN