Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alpha roni

How to download .PBA to PV550 (keypad) ?

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, Right now I'm building a system that require to connect a PanelView Standar 550 (PV550 w/ RIO) to the SLC500 5/04 using 1747-SN Series B. I've built the apps, in .RSS and .PBA. Both with no error (PanelBuilder shown that validation is complete with no error too). But when I tried (and tried again) to download the .PBA file to PV terminal (using internal DF1 driver/RS232), there is an error 2018 : "This is most likely due to loss of communication --> Check your cable connection" I used common serial cable RS232 cross (I used it to communication with SLC too, without a problem). In my Computer --> Device Manager, there's Communication Port (COM1) and thre's no COM 3. But when I want to download to PV, there's only 1 choise to use internal DF1: that is COM 3. And I chose this (COM 3), configure the COM 3 to be the same as COM1 config, and download --> FAILED error 2018. Is my step wrong? Anybody can help me please.... Is my cable wrong? should I use cross or direct connection for this RS232? Or which one of my configuration wrong (in PanelBuilder)? NB: My RIO Scanner is in slot I didn't use Block Transfer (BTR or BTW) in my .RSS programs, because I didn't know how to configure the m-files in which my BTR and BTW instruction cannot be verified before m-files are configured. I just used simple I:3/0 and O:3/0 for Digital, and used MOV to communication from I:3.2 to F8:0 and vise versa. Is this acceptable to the system? thank you so much

Use a straight through cable.

Also, make sure that RSLinx is not running. Exit and shutdown RSLinx.

Null modem adapter... never leave home without it!

Thanks all. I used straight cable and it works. Now my PV550 can communicate with the SLC 5/04. But I can't display the correct time and date. I made two texts and fill it with /*D/ and /*T/, respectively, for date and time. But I got the wrong date and time (it displays year 2006 and wrong time). Did anybody have an experience how to display the correct date and time using PanelBuilder32? Thank you for your helps.

See PDF below setDateTime.pdf