Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

Micrologix 1200

6 posts in this topic

Hi every body in this forum, I am workin on a project that of using the DH485 communication in this project. project scenerio is simple but i am facing the problem that how to program that type of system. Description: there is a Machine with HMI and a VFD connected with ML1200 via DH485, How could we use the communication instruction to drive the VFD from HMI? if anybody create a ladder for this instruction i shall be thankfull to him, Model and Make: HMI-> MT6100i (Weintek) VFD-> FR-D740-2.2K (Mitsubishi) PLC-> [Micrologix 1200] 1762-L24BWA (Allen Bradley) Regard, Mohammad Daniyal

Do the HMI and VFD already work properly when connected to the PLC?. Does the HMI read from and write to the PLC? Is the PLC able to command operations on the VFD?

Currently the HMI and PLC are connected on RS232 communication port, but VFD is Operated Manually from its own Operating Unit. Yes- HMI is read from and write to PLC No- The VFD does not operated from PLC. VFD is totally stand alone operated. but now we want to operate it with PLC commands. DO you have any solution.

The key is protocol support. The ML1200 will support DH485 protocol. Will/does the HMI support DH485 protocol? What protocol is the HMI using now? Will/does the VFD support DH485 protocol? Modbus protocol is another option. Ml1200 does support modbus. Does the HMI and the VFD support Modbus? Edited by Mickey

HMI and VFD does not support DH485, but both can support modbus protocol. and i have decided to communicate through modbus protocol. Should i use the interface adapter (AIC) for using the Modbus with ML1200 or this can possible with PLC com port?