Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waynes

Old FX w/ PID loop

10 posts in this topic

Hi All, As per the topic, anyone done this before?

GX Developer or GX IEC Developer?

What FX PLC do you have? FX, FX0s, FX1N etc? and what kind of AI/AO-card do you have connectct and how many PID do you need? Best regards Dariusch

Hi Gents, Sorry for the delayed reply- OK, first of all I'm using GX Developer. I have tried implementing a PID loop in the FX using the FX2Ns' format with regards to parameters and register layout. I have seen no response out of the PID; also setting the kp, ti and td/kd values triggered no response. I have looked for a manual on the mitsubishi-automation.com website but no such luck. The PLC has a FX cpu.

Hi Waynes, Please download the manual "xxx" in the download section. Section 5.9.8 PID (FUC 88) there is all the info that you need. Some point to consider: The PLC FX2N has to be version 3.11 and up. It is 16bit operational. It data area for the control-loop (s3) uses 25 consecutive dataregisters You can not use registers above D975 for control-loop (s3). Best Regards Dariusch

"xxx"? Dariusch, I know that FX2N has PID function and all you mentioned. I have used it extensively before - My question is if anyone has detail on the FX CPU. Its an OLD CPU.

Hi Waynes, My bad. Did not read your post correctly. If you look in the manual The PID-function covers FX1s and upwords. So I realy think you can not use the PID-function. You have lookede in the download section for the manual? I wil try a quick search for you. Best regards. Dariusch

I have made some extensive searches myself; I only ask here as a last resort. Thought that maybe someone might have old manuals somewhere....

Please try this link http://www.beijer.se/web/web_aut_se.nsf/do...125728E0058E17B

For the FX-CPU, download this manual and check out section 5-102 (page 228): http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/do...125728E0058E17B