Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

Beijer Information designer 1.5

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using Beijer Information designer 1.5 to program Exter M70 mobile panel. A-B Compact logix is the PLC. In the application there are two HMIs, one is left hand and other is Right Hand. I have the program done for the Left hand with all the tags starting with LH_xxxxx. I need to duplicate whole application with just the tag name as RH_xxxxx (and some screen headings). I don't see any tag list or import export of the tags in Info designer. Which means I have to go to individual device (on screen) and change it there. This is not only tedious but in multi layerd screens, I could miss something. Is there a better way to find-replace tags?

"View->Name List" Here you can export your tag list to a desired format and then import the tag list later on.

Kaare_t My name list doesn't show any tags. I created the tags after createting a button or analog display etc. So nothing to export! Also, since I am communicating with conpact logix, it only cares about the name of the tag and not address. There is no address at all on the tag. I am surprised though, where all that tag information is stored! And how can I access it?

I have the same problem with compact logix and mitsubushi e-desighner. I dont seem to have the correct syntax for the tags in e-designer that the compact logix will recognise. Has someone out there the answer. Thanks in advance cheers John