Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

Inverter Flying start

3 posts in this topic

Ok Guys Don't know if you guys will know this or not but have the following problem I have a large fan running off a FR F700 inverter. Takes the fan 5 min to coast to a stop. Operators dont always want to wait 5 min to restart and object to the lock out timer on the start circuit. I need to be able to restart the motor without the inverter dragging the speed down when it starts it acceleration sequence. What parameters do I use to enable a flying start without tripping the inverter out on overload/voltage. I initialy thought the flying start, but this seems geared to compenstate for power failures not normal stops Now I think the regeneration avoidance function may do the job, and plan to use the following settings. Pr 882 - Regeneration avoidance operation selection = 1 Regeneration avoidance function valid Pr 883 - Regeneration avoidance operation level = 595 = (415v * sqrt2) + 10v Pr 884 - Regeneration avoidance at deceleration detection sensitivity = 3 Pr 885 - Regeneration avoidance compensation frequency limit value = 9999 - Frequency limit invalid Pr 886 - Regeneration avoidance voltage gain = 100% Will these settings work? Are there other ways to achieve my aim. Thanks Carples

If you set Pr 162 to 10 or 11, then the flying start will work every time you start the drive. If you drop the Run signal on power loss, so that it's off when power comes back, you won't get automatic restart. Please note the item in the manual about the CS terminal if you use this feature!!

There is a knowledge base article on the europeon mitsubishi website. www.mitsubishi-automation.com The kb is as follows: How to set parameter to have continuosly coasting and fying start when STF is switched off/on? (700 series (F and A)) - KS01163 Please see attached document. read more It should have the information you need. I also attached the power point they included with the KB. Hope this helps! Regards, Craig coasting_fying_start.ppt