Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robh

SLC 5/05 Pass through Ethernet to DH-485

10 posts in this topic

Can anybody id the cable that is connecting the SLC 5/05 to the PanelView Standard in this tech note? http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app...17573/related/1 Currently I have a set up at my desk as follows: PC to SLC 5/05 via ethernet, SLC 5/05 to 1761-NET-AIC (1761-CBL-PM02), 1761-NET-AIC to PanelView Standard 550 (1761-CBL-AS03). The PV will talk to the SLC fine. I can go on line and program the SLC via enet fine. But to program the PV I must connect to the AIC with a 1747-CP3 and configure a pic driver in RSLinx. Since for the time being I am stuck with a DH-485 PanelView, am I looking in the right direction to be able to program this PV over the enet connected to the SLC? Edited by robh

Do you mean 1761-NET-AIC? The 1761-NET-ENI is an Ethernet device not DH485. Have you set up your SLC5/05 for passthru comm. See link below http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app...109439/search/1

Yeah I meant AIC. My mind is going a couple directions today. I haven't set the SLC up for pass through yet, still reading up on it. But still curious as to what that cable is.

I don't have a tech connect. So can't view the KB. Can you post a screen shot ( or its catalog #) of the cable in question? Edited by Mickey

I don't think I can paste up the pic from Knowledge Base. Here is the answer I got from RA tech support when I asked what that cable was: "I would say that it would be the normal panelview cable that is used for the Panelview to have communications to the SLC, probably a 2711 cable".

So I forgot to add this in the last post. Does anybody know what the part number would be for the 2711 cable that connects directly to a DH485 PanelView Standard from the RS232 port on a SLC 5/05? That's what the tech note shows. One single cable.

It looks like it depends on the exact model number of the PanelView. Check chapter 12 of the PanelView Standard Operator Terminals User Manual available at http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um014_-en-p.pdf.

What is the complete catalog number of your Panelview?

2711-K10G3

From your SLC5/05's serial port ( configured for DH485 protocol) you need a 1747-CP3 cable (null modem cable) to your 1761-NET-AIC+ then a 1761-CBL-AS03 cable from your 1761-AIC+ to your PV's DH485 port. Baud rate the same, node addresses different. See below for a picture of the connections and pin-outs of the cables. 1747_CP3_1756_CP3_PinOut.pdf 1761_CBL_AS03___1761_CBL_AS09_Cable_Pin_Out.pdf Edited by Mickey