Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

pcmcia driver preventing system standby mode?

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I use a PCMCIA driver with my laptop and now the laptop won't go into standby (sleep) mode and it displays the message "The device driver for the Allen Bradley 1784-PCMK series B device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists you may need to update this driver." Is this common? and what if any is the fix? Thanks in advance for any help, plcdp

I get something similar also but I just ignore it.

Thats where I am at with it... I also have an issue with my RS232 com port. I used to use a PIC driver and no longer use it, but even though I have uninstalled it somehow it takes over my com port every time I start up my computer. I have to uninstall the driver and reboot the system and then I can use it. Annoying. plcdp

You can try pulling upslinx driver using the pcmk card and changing the startup to ON Demand. This should allow it to stop if nothing is using it and thereby allow your suspend to work. ON Demand does have some "gotchas" so read the notes about it in the help.

Remove the cards, delete the drivers from RSlinx. Then clean/flush RSLinx see below. DeleteHarmonyFiles.txt RSLinxFlushingClean.txt

Thanks to everybody for the help! plcdp