Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

Strange MAD42 problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have this CJ1M-CPU11 ETN setup with 1 ID211, 1 OC201 and 2 MAD42 units. The program I made for it has been functioning OK for several weeks, although it has not been in operation continuously, the system is shut down at nights and weekends. Today I was playing around with the logging to CF-card section when suddenly after a download none of the MAD units came up again. Nothing in the error log, but I had a "Special unit setup failed" when I downloaded the program. I then replaced the MAD unit, but still have the same condition. The unit setup is done in the ladderprogram, not in the setup menu, but I tried that too. Sometimes when I do the download the other MAD unit comes up OK. The first one has no green running light and the ERC light, the second has running and ERC, but that is because one of the loops is not connected yet. As far as I know, I have not done anything to break the unit setup section of the program, unless filling a 3000 by 10 word array in 0,1 s interval is bad :( Could the program itself be corrupted? Any suggestions? It's mostly myself that has been tinkering with this, so I can't blame any of my students :( Geir

Check section 7-10 of attached manual to see what errors the unit encounter. Have you double checked all cards and the end cap are securely locked with the levers to eachother? Bad bus contact can give strange error symptoms. W345_E1_10_CS_CJ_Series_OperManual.pdf

Thanks for the quick reply, will do some more troubleshooting when I get back to the school tomorrow - eh, later today :) Geir

Be sure to uncheck I/O table when you download. Unless you have uploaded the I/O table and saved it to your project file, you could be downloading a blank I/O table which would result in the errors that you are describing.

Found the problem, it was entirely made by me; I expanded the width of the log array from 10 to 16 words, and then it overwrote the setup adresses for the analog I/O :(