Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DefelRadar

Sending Data From Excel to Omron PLC thru CX-Serve

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knew how to send data from Excel to an Omron PLC using CX-Server 2.1 I am trying to send the pc clock value to the PLC and store it in a register without having to get the memory card for the CQM1H-CPU51 that has the clock on it. Thanks

Read this link. It should do the job for you. CX Server DDE Management @ MrPLC.com Let's see. You're going to dedicate a computer 24 hours a day to send the PC Clock to the CQM1H by serial transmission to avoid buying the real time clock memory card. I think I would buy the card.

You have to ask yourself How critical is the clock information in the PLC...? If you can get by without using one then hey, all the power to you in using the PC clock and DDE, If you really need that clock data then buy the module... u could probably pick one up on Ebay if price is such an issue. A thought on price... how much time do you think that it will take to get this up and running as upposed to buying the card and plugging it in ? Point to note is that the majority of Computer Power Supplies are designed to run 8hrs a day, not the 24hrs as would probably be in your case...

The advice already posted to you may be tough but certainly true. You might better justify it by collecting a higher mass of data, such as cycle time for the production dept., reject data for Quality dept., etc. All this is simply collating data through DDE to Excel into seperate coloumns. As for the DDE set-up, the best advice is to call OMROM America for the step by step, as it can change from version to version.