Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damper

Micrologix 1500 base BWA question

9 posts in this topic

On a Micrologix 1500 base BWA, are inputs 0-7 faster or slower then 8-11?

I believe it depends on the settings of the input filters.

I'm a little late on this one, but the first 8 inputs are capable of high speed functions via the function files. They aren't really any faster in normal ladder logic. You can configure them for high speed use by either the HSC function file or the EII function file

The manual is just a little confusing, See picture below.

You are right Mickey, I'm not sure what to make of it. I wonder if the fast and standard aren't swapped in the first screen capture. I know if you configure it with two HSCs then it uses input 0-7. 0, 1, 4, and 5 being the counters and 2, 3, 6, and 7 being the hold and resets so I think that would be a strong indication of it having 8 high speed inputs

Hi all, I have a hassle with a ML 1500 and BWA related to this thread. We've just purchased the PLC for a small bottle filling application and cant get the 2nd HSC working properly. What we see from the manual is HSC 0 uses inputs 0-3 and HSC 1 uses inputs 4-7. But looking at the I/O config for the embeded inputs looks like the smallest filter is 500us limiting the HSC to 2khz. Are we doing something wrong here?? Can other inputs on the 0-3 bank be used for counter one ?? If so then how do we configure them. Cheers Malcolm Joburg South Africa

My RSLogix 500 - Ver 8.2 - show 0-7 configurable in the low range for a BWA base. Ony 8 on up have 500us as the lowest time. Note that each setting controls two inputs. Edited by b_carlton

That is interesting, I'm using RSLogix500 is version 6.2. Maybe its time for an upgrade.

We've solved the problem. Seems the V6.2 software has an issue. Going back to v5.5 or forward to 6.3 allowed us to select the correct filter time of 25us and we now read the pulses. malcolm