Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETR Automazione srl

Fx3U Multiple connection

3 posts in this topic

I have a problem to extend the actual network of 13 Fx3U with ENET module, connected with a little panel E410 like SMS server . The driver and the functionality of the panel it's not the best for the application, because i don't understand when there is a problem on the remote station or the remote station is powerd off. To solve the problem, Mitsubishi suggest, or a Q PLC serie like server (more expensive) or a panel GT (using macro to read the internal register of eth comunication). Another my solution is with Hakko VT8, but it's not ever a PLC. A solution on FX3U (server like client) and Mitsubishi protocol it's not avaible, but do you have an idea or a suggest to use the same hardware for all stations (server and client ?), to management the network (client on/off, priority alarm, check comunication etc...) Thank you, Ennio

Would you consider adding a GSM modem to your configuration and connect it through RS232 to E410 ?

Thank you for the answer. The network already function with an Ewon 2100, connected at the panel E410 on Modbus TCP, to send SMS Alert and service on VPN on GSM. The panel works like bridge, from Mitsubishi ETH to Modbus TCP. There is also a SCASA (Movicon X) on the network to record the alarms and other informations. The fuction of the panel (with ewon) is a safety function to send the SMS for shutdown or other critical alarm (we prefere the panel to the PC with SCADA). But this solution, first there is no a directly comunication between ewon and PLC ad the panel it's not the top of the panel, secondly we don't have lot solutions to manage the network comunication. The solution would be identical to those in the PLC network, but as a manager of communications, with EWON directly connected to him (and this is possible) and the panel just as a viewer.